What a GLORIOUS GOD, more than anyone or anything GOD IS GOOD. No matter where we have been, where we are and where we are going GOD IS FAITHFUL and HE NEVER FORGETS!!!
Christmas and New Year was Great for me, it was totally stress free, no cooking/cleaning, no getting into arguments with the family, no overeating. Christmas Day was spent lazying in the Hotel and eventually going for the tour of Movie star homes then heading to Long Beach to have dinner at the Queen Mary's, the food was sumptous.
31st of December - Spent in London, went to church for the watchnight seervice and we sent words to the New Year, this is our year indeed. I see order and new creations unfolding in my life and in your life. New year day itself was spend lazying in bed at my brother's place, later went to see my mum. Stayed a couple of more days in London before flying back to my village base.
New year resolutions - none. The last time I had resolution was probably 10-12 years ago. I make resolutions on as needed basis why wait till Jan, as they say 'Carpe Diem'.
LA - What can I say I enjoyed myself. I later found the internet access was just $10.
Armed with the Los Angeles Go Card, the places we visited include- Getty Museum, Santa Monica Pier, Sunset Strip / Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive, Griffith Park, Hollywood Hills, Camarillo Outlets, Queen Mary on Long Beach, Kodak Theatre, Universal Studios, Movie Star homes tour, Trolley Tour, Hollywood wax museum, Gauman's chinese theatre.
Summary gist for each place visited is below in no particular order (I will conclude the rest in next post).
- Driving in LA - LA Drivers have no patience sha. Maybe it was because we mainly took the freeway ni o I don't know but just after 4 hours on the road come and see stress for my body. Picture this, Ikorodu Road having 6-7 lanes of smooth motorway, and instead of molues, tokunbos and some choice rides we have 70-80% SUVs / Trucks. Then imagine that the SUVs / Trucks are being driven with an added attitude of 'notin dey happen, insurance dey'. Now imagine my humble self who drives in a country where you sweat blood and money before you get your licence, any small mistake gets you points (not trophy point); She has not driven on the wrong side of the road (i.e. left hand) for over a decade, has not seen so many lanes on one road in her life, has forgotten that you can overtake from left, right, centre, front. You get the picture?! Even with the strong winds those folks were just going for it like mad. I was swerving ever so often because my brain kept panicking that I was on the wrong side, the wind was blowing heavily and those trucks were coming at me from every where, mehn I tire. I was so glad to return the car back and get on the metro phew. See video below, my speed was between 50-60mph on a windy night!!! yet even trucks were overtaking. The other language you hear me speak is yoruba, summarily I was just venting and saying I will stick to one lane no matter what (last) at the same time comparing the driving to Naija and UK.
- Getty Museum - The maze garden and the views from this museum was the main deal for me. I must confess we only did a brief tour of the current exhibition which had a lot of displays about early christianity and war items (forgot the name of it now). Spent some time taking in the views from the terrace cafe and walking around the garden.
- Jamba Juice Joint (As per Kimpossible) - There was one outside universal Studio and I visited. I had a smoothie but that was 2 days earlier, so it was not quite the Jamba smoothie. Gist was I had just finished Capuccino or somefink when I came upon the jamba joint so just could not down any other drink. Found another around Griffith park but it was closed :(
- Santa Monica / Venice Beach (As per Allied & Mochafella) - Imagine 30+ with her eyes kongba and the buffet of people available for my watching consumption with a backdrop of the sea lapping on the shores of the beach. I could ride up and down all day just enjoying the scenery, wait...that is what we did. We rented bikes and spent the whole day riding the stretch of the path from Santa Monica to Venice, stopping only for lunch. As if that was not enough I got a free gift of watching the Sunset (see earlier video).
- Griffith Park / Observatory (As per Jinta) - Here it was a touch and go deal. We only went there on the day of our departure and was advised not to bother going to the observatory as it was packed.
Till later when I conclude my LA gist, "I wish you a joyful and fulfilling New year. A New Dawn has come"