In all things I give God thanks and thanksgiving, at all times in everyway I give God thanks.
Hope you folks in the Temperate areas of UK and USA are gearing for 'proper summer' (that does not sound grammatically correct, does it?)
I agree that men do get depressed but not as much as women!
I love the Month of May, it heralds in the sunshine, end of winter blues, bikinis, diets, and the onset of parties upon parties especially weddings(at least in the UK). Don't think my peeps back in Nigeria have anything like the wedding or party season, it is lways ojo gbogbo bi odun (everyday is like celebration).
Another reason I love the month of May is because it's by Birthmonth "he he he ehe eh". As conceited as it sounds, I have this believe that May is the most special month of all followed by December and January - Lol.
Just think of it is the only one that has three letters, it is close to half year but not half year. Brides love to get married in May and most importantly, all May babies are the best...do I hear whoop whoop.
The countdown to my birthday has begun, I think I'm even more excited than usual. When I told my friend she wondered why, afterall the clock is ticking. She is also a May baby, but while she is thankful and all, she can not get the gist of my excitement.
Even I dunno why, try as I may to have a one lady pity party, I could not, there is nothing as frustrating as not being able to be depressed when you want to be depressed. I know I sound silly but sometimes I go into fits of feeling sorry for myself and for my life, but these days it's getting more and more difficult.
Just the other day I heard some news and it dampened my spirit and as I was about to go into self pity mode all I could do was speak God's word out loud.
Even though that was not what I wanted, I wanted to work myself up so I can cry and kind of make God feel sorry for me. I am laughing hard here because writing it down, I sound like such a silly thing to be aiming for.
I believe I have matured to a level and most importantly, now I know the truth it has set me free.
I know enough of God's word to understand that he works in seasons and I am tatooed in his palms, so in the words of Tuface "what more can I say".
Will not necessary put a post on for my birthday, there will be too much grooving for me to remember I have a blog, lol.
As for presents, this is my request just say "thank you father for thirty plus". Honestly though that is really what I want from my heart of hearts, I think it is so cool for God to be hearing echoes of thanksgiving from different continents on my behalf.
Just so it does not look like I am being overly spiritual, I would like a HUGE birthday cake, not Gateau, not thoe funny ones from Marks and Spencer or Cosco. A proper traditional Nigerian cake with minimal icing, Lilac in colour.
For delivery details just inbox me on fb.
Hello my Peeps,
Male and Female he created them, the master designer who designed me to be female with a purpose, I acknoledge you Baba.
Got one of these in my box decided to share. I wonder who sits down to compose all these popular email forwards?
Men Are Just Happier People?
- Your last name stays put.
- The garage is all yours.
- Wedding plans take care of themselves. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100.
- Chocolate is just another snack.
- You can never be pregnant.
- You can wear a white T-shirt NO shirt to a water park.
- You can to wear a water park.
- People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
- Car mechanics tell you the truth. You know stuff about tanks.
- The world is your urinal. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
- You never have to drive to another gas station rest room because this one is just too icky.
- You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
- Same work, more pay - How True
- Wrinkles add character.
- New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
- One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat - except when you are a brother to Thirty +, my brother can yarn.
- A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase - Once the same brother mentioned above was ready to travel to the states with just a back pack and he was not going rock climbing o.
- You can open all your own jars.
- You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
- If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
- Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
- Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
- You almost never have strap problems in public.
- You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
- Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.
- You can play with toys all your life.
- One wallet and one color for all seasons.
- You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife.
- You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
- You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.
So is it too true that men don't get depressed?Till later
When you thank God, his grace and blessings is multiplied on your little resources, so let's consciously thank God for all He has done for us. Thank you Lord!
Happy New Month to you all, this is a special month, my month of Reward....eh karamba I am so excited.
Reading Bumight's post on sometimes I get confused, it prompted me to post this.
There is a blogger whose blog heading includes / included "me sef I tire". The 'me sef I tire' subtitle refers to his feeling at being yet another Naija blogger.
"WE ARE MANY", just when you think you preety much know everybody, you stumble on yet another fab blog.
Moreso each blogger is unique in their own way, even though you may confuse mizchif with miz-cynic, everyone is unique in their own way.
When I changed my blog template, I decided to achieve a mean feat of putting as many bloggers on my reading post widget just to keep tab. I kept adding and adding, after like over 110 bloggers and counting I gave up counting.
How to does one manage to keep tabs on all the blog and comments, phew e be like say "me sef I tire".
Image copyright - Google Images