I CAN do everything through him who gives me strength.
Thank you Lord for strength for today and the hope for tomorrow.
On confirming the election result, I was in a sombre surreal mood. On the one hand trying to comprehend that the next president of United States is BLACK as in my own colour yeeerrrekkkke! On the other hand I was reflective on the "I can" slogan.
Is that it? Just like that, is that how history is made, reckless abandonment of status quo in tireless pursuit of unimaginable ambition / dream.
An opportunistic and strategically planned move that capitalises on the weakness of the way, things are currently being run.
Sheer HARD WORK (in form of tireless campaignes) and the support of all around in whatever way they can. Not taking any little help for granted (donations of $2 not considered small).
My own reflection has got me thinking on what things I COULD have done and what things I CAN now do and must now do. Like everyone I have been inspired by the victory no doubt, Obama just proved Phillipians 4:13 to be true.
So watch out for 30+, yeeaaaahhh because SHE CAN!
Still on the election gists, Nigerians have a sense of humour, I don't know how folks come up with stuff like the funny headlines some to my inbox (see below) especially the last two.
If USA was Nigeria , today (a week after election)'s papers Headlines would read something’s like: ·
- Don't celebrate yet, McCain tells Obama (TELL magazine)
- Concede defeat, Obama urges McCain (Punch Newspaper)
- 20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun Newspaper)
- McCain Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard Newspaper)
- Elections rigged - Palin (Guardian Newspaper)
- No evidence of manipulation (NTA News)
- The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)
- There will be violence if we lose; McCain declares (LTV 8 news)
- Election results for Arizona , Florida , New York awaited (Channels News)
- Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune Newspaper)
- "McCain is an opportunist - Go back to your farm" says Biden(AIT News)
- I will not accept results, McCain tells Obama (MITV News).
- Democratic Party will rule the USA for the next 100 years - Clinton Declares (ThisDay Newspaper
- Area Boys 20 killed, 30 injured at New Jersey Polling Booth )(Daily Mirror)
- Obama: ‘I will soon roll out timetable for Royal Blessings’(PM News)
- Several Ballot Boxes Missing at Phoenix , handwork of ‘Obama Boys’ - Republican Party(gatewaytv News)
- Heavy Security at INEC H/quarter, Commissioners flee. (Newswatch Magazine)
- $900million for Feeding and Wardrobe Allowances for Obama’s Daughters Justified (Presidential Spokeperson)
- IJA SESE BERE NI – McCAIN SO FUN OBAMA (ALAROYE MAGAZINE)
- MIO NI GBA O!! - McCAIN (Akede Agbaye)
Bloggers sha! I said no one should ask where I was in my previous post, yet some folks could not resist, I understand :). Anyhoo while in my secret location I opened Allied's blog (see below) and saw some strange words, checked mine and a few others and it was all the same. I panicked and asked my hostess why my computer was messing up, until she reminded me where I was...
I got myself a new camera, it arrived today and am quite excited.Till later